Authenticator Plus needs below permissions to be able to sync its data seamlessly with other devices. A detailed breakdown of each permission request and why we need it is below.
- In-app purchases: App allows users to additionally contribute to app's development through in-app purchases, totally optional, it does not provide any extra features.
- Photos/Media/Files/Storage: App does automatic backup to sdcard and when tap Backup/Restore menu inside the app.
- Camera: We need access to the camera feature to let you use your phone's camera to scan QR code.
- view network connections: Based on connected network, app does automatic periodic backup to Google Drive or Dropbox
prevent device from sleeping : Required for periodic sync
read sync statistics / read sync settings / toggle sync on and off / use accounts on the device / create accounts and set passwords : App does automatic periodic backup to Google Drive or Dropbox, these permissions are required to setup periodic sync interval in device
full network access / receive data from Internet
- To sync with your Dropbox account.
- To learn when the network becomes available for re-trying off-line data.
- To validate your license with Google Play license server.
- To send feedback and crash reports.
- To download icons for the accounts you are using
- To send anonymous analytics to Google Analytics